Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Design and Publish iPad Apps with Oomph
Wednesday, March 6, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EST)
Surry Hills, NSW
Learn how to design and publish iPad apps using the Oomph designer friendly app development platform. If you can use InDesign you can design and publish awesome iPad apps with Oomph.
You will learn how to create interactive apps using Oomph features including:
- Social media sharing
- Action hot spots
Over 100 companies use Oomph to create iPad magazines. Fitness First, Street Press Australia, Triple J, Coles, Honda and Qantas are just a few that are powered by Oomph.
This event is a rare opportunity to gain experience from Oomph's Senior Design Team.
You will need:
- Mac Laptop with InDesign, Oomph Editor and Xcode installed
- Mac Laptop running on OSx 10.7 (Lion) or newer. Oomph Editor does not run on systems earlier than this.
- iPad with Oomph Viewer installed (not compulsory)
Catering is provided.
Spaces for this course are limited to 20.
You will learn:
- How to create an iPad app using the Oomph digital publishing platform
- Design best practices
- How to develop your design into a template
- How to sell your iPad app template on Oomph MarketPlace
- How to publish your content to the app store
A detailed agenda will be sent out to all participants one week before the event.
Who should attend?
- Designers interested in creating and selling iPad app templates
- Designers who want to learn how to design and publish iPad apps
What will you get out of this course?
- Learn from the experts
- Know how to design content for an iPad App
- Learn how to sell your iPad app template on Oomph Marketplace
- How to publish your content with Oomph
- How to create awesome interactive iPad apps
Training will be provided by:
Erica van der Walt, Design Director, Oomph/Mogeneration
As Design Director at Oomph/Mogeneration Erica oversees tablet strategy, design and production. Erica heads up a team of 6 designers and her team produces content rich dynamic apps for a wide range of clients including Fitness First, PwC, Honda and News Digital. Before Mogeneration Erica worked in print publishing for both corporate and commercial clients.
Leigh-Ann Thomas, Art Director, Oomph/Mogeneration
Leigh-Ann has a background in magazine publishing and has worked in Cape Town, Melbourne and Sydney. During her time at Oomph/Mogeneration she has produced a variety of apps and has also worked closely with clients to launch their apps. Leigh-Ann is also a co-founder of Artisan Magazine (www.artisan-magazine.com).
Catering is provided please email email@example.com if you have any special requirements.